Monday, January 6, 2014

Rose butterfly

I know I shouldn't play favourites but...

Rose butterfly

...can't help it, Liduse it is. She's odd (Notdoll had a very personal style which is not everyone's cup of tea), doesn't pose very well, has strange little feet and hands, but some dolls just have magic. I like pretty dolls too like Bluefairies, but sometimes odd and strong is also very beautiful. If Notdoll's body wasn't such a BEEP to restring and change heads, I wouldn't mind having another ND head to play with, maybe Belladonna?

I should write about her character too, except that's she mostly just watches. She's a pink nightmere butterfly (come on, who said pink cannot be scary?) who talks in riddles and strange words. Sometimes she nails it, sometimes she talks just gibberish and nonsense. She has low-level psychic abilities but as she's nothing humanlike, she doesn't really understand what she sees. Well, she understands nothing of what is true and what is false, she just talks and sings with her sweet birdlike voice. For some reason Hecate, her mistress, pities her. Maybe it's because she'll never be able to feel those things she whispers about?


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it strange how that happens? You can even look at another doll and think "based on posing/craftsmanship/etc you should be my favorite" ... Yet there is that other doll you just love soooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sometimes it's just that magical "something" that makes one a favourite! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edit: Ack, there was no edit button. I meant to say their website.

    I've always been a fan of Notdoll and used to follow their website quite a bit. I had plans for a Ligaya (did I spell that right?) at one point but then they disappeared of the face of the earth. It's a shame because they did have some really unusual looking dolls that I always found appealing. I love what you have done with yours. She's hauntingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 Yeah, it seems that Notdoll went out of business for good :( Luckily it's fairly easy to find them second hand, especially Ligaya, and the prices are okay :3

      Delete
  5. I love Notdoll´s sculpts in owner photos, but they haven´t made me want to buy one yet. This girl has such hypnotic eyes! I just keep staring them... She is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 It was suruni's Ligaya who made me fall in love with this sculpt, and the whole doll was a "happy accident" so to say xD (A friend had an extra Ligaya head.) Notdolls are so pretty *w*

      Delete