Saturday, February 1, 2014

Roses for the tiny dragon

I recently finished yet another craft project: a new dress for my little Lami, Apsu.

Roses for the tiny dragon

The pattern was simple, but this still took a while because of all the embroidery. The symbol is called "the dragon's eye" - I picked it because it was easy to create and Apsu's character is a half-dragon. I used this tutorial to decorate the bodice, it's one of my favourites.

The tiny dragon

Apsu's new Mehiart eyes, pink like her aunt's! (Meital) She has some scale pattern around her eyes too. I should glue some eyelashes on...

--

Behind the scenes

And a shot "behind the scenes" :D We have a small apartment so there simply is no room for a permanent doll studio - so I use a foldable reflector, stool and some boards I looted from a previous job. They go nicely behind our bookshelf when not in use. A good tripod is also very useful! This setup is easy to build where there is most daylight available and to store afterwards. I wouldn't mind having a permanent setup but it's not possible right now. Maybe in the future when we have a bigger home?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your behind the scenes photo with us. It's always interesting to see how different photographers work.

    I love using beading on clothing. I tried that with a dress I made for a friend's doll and it turned out nice.

    Love the material you used for her too. It matches her beautifully. Oh and I just noticed the little black butterfly. Very detailed and gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've purchased lots of different butterfly-shaped sequins and like to sew them about everywhere. Thanks for your kind comment <3

      Delete