Sunday, January 19, 2014

Idris reborn! (Bluefairy vs. Soom special parts.)

It was a good day to photograph a sort of new doll. Well, I've owned all her parts for a long while, but didn't use this combination before.

One of my most "popular" dolls has been Idris, my hooved pastel-themed fantasy girl. She used to be Soom's Kivi on Adamelli body, but something has been amiss. I must admit that Soom's MSDs just...don't click with me like they should. They are cute, but their face sculpts lack that something that I like my dolls to have. Their bodies are okay, but nothing spectacular and the hands are not nice. However I really like Idris' style and theme, so I haven't been able to let go.

On the other hand I own a really pretty Minoruworld's special Bluefairy Olive. Lovely girl, nothing wrong with her looks, I just didn't come up with a good story or style or anything. Okay, she looks cute in anything, fantastic. But who she really is? I need to know if I want to bond with a doll, if she's to inspire me to create.

A doll with a style but a dull form, a doll with a pretty form but dull style. See where this is going?

New Idris

New Idris II

Some restringing and styling and lo and behold, a whole new Idris! And isn't she just the cutest little pony ever. She seems shy and reserved, gentle but childish at times, just how I've figured her character to be.

Flowereyes

She also got new urethanes from MehiArt. I accidentally bought three pairs from her, whoops. It's not the best photo but they have little flowers in them <3 And they're so bright and sparkly!

Little gem parts on Bluefairy body

Here'a a close up of her knees. The resin match is...well, let's say it isn't and I have no energy to consider any blushing options. But the match is otherwise surprisingly okay. I think Soom used Angelregion's MSD body as a base for their Little Gems, and Angelregion and Bluefairy share the same basic bodies. Bluefairy of course doesn't have the locking mechanism that Littlegem does, but she's able to stand and sit which is enough for me. Of course you'll have to string your doll really well and maybe get some sueding, and she won't be very steady. I wouldn't leave her standing without support as she's very likely to topple over.

Despite small problems she turned out very cute and inspiring doll <3 I have so many ideas what I could do with her.

2 comments: